A hard reset of the JEFA Tech Repeater XR is only needed if you have forgotten your admin password to log into the control panel, or if some setting was changed that is preventing you from accessing the control panel. Once you hard reset, reprogramming of the unit will be required which requires a computer (Windows or MAC). It can not be reprogrammed with a smartphone or tablet.
There are two components to the XR that are reset and managed independently:
PICO = white outdoor unit – this device receives the source WiFi
AIRGATEWAY: black indoor unit – this device broadcasts your private WiFi network
Reset the PICO if you can’t get to http://192.168.123.1 or are locked out due to not remembering your password for http://192.168.123.1
- Disconnect all cables from the AIRGATEWAY (indoor unit)
- Separate the AIRGATEWAY from the POE injector by removing the wall mounting bracket and snapping the two pieces apart. Set the AIRGATEWAY and wall mounting bracket aside for now.
- Connect the power to the POE Injector, and connect the black cable from the PICO to the port marked POE on the POE Injector
- Wait 30 seconds for the PICO to power up
- Using a paper clip, press and hold the reset button on the back of the POE Injector for 15 seconds and release
- Reassemble the POE Injector and AirGateway
- You will now need to reprogram by following these instructions Repeater XR – PICO Reset and Reload Instructions
Reset the AIRGATEWAY if you can’t get to http://192.168.123.2 or are locked out due to not remembering your password for http://192.168.123.2
- Remove the wall mount bracket from the AirGateway
- While the unit is powered on, using a paper clip, press and hold the AirGateway reset button on the back of the POE Injector for 15 seconds and release
- The AIRGATEWAY should now be reset. You will now need to reprogram by following these instructions Repeater XR – AIRGATEWAY Reset and Reload Instructions